Kaity Guest

Default brit on 48 state road trip.

Hi,
    I am hoping to do a 4 state road trip next year starting in Maine and ending up in Washington. any advice or ideas of where to visit would be gratefully appricited.
    thanx.

Default West

I can help with the western states.

Texas: Big Bend National Park

New Mexico: Carlsbad Caverns National Park & Chaco Canyon

Colorado: Mesa Verde National Park, Million Dollar Highway between Durango and Ouray. Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Rocky Mountain Naitonal Park. Independence Pass east of Aspen on Hwy 82. Colorado National Monument.

Wyoming: Yellowstone National Park, Grand Tetons National Park, Devils Tower National Monument.

Montana: Glacier National Park. Beartooth Scenic Highway 212 from Red Lodge into Yellowstone.

Utah: Dinasour National Monument, Moab area and Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Dead Horse State Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Scenic Hwy 12 between Torry and Bryce Canyon. Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park.

Arizona & Utah border: Glen Canyon National Recreational Area and Monument Valley.

Arizona: Grand Canyon National Park, Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Petrified Forest National Park, Walnut Canyon National Monument, Montezuma's Castle National Monument, Sedona.

Nevada: Big Basin National Park

California: Joshua Trees National Park, San Diego, Sequioa - Kings Canyon Naitonal Park, Yosemite National Park, Lassen National Park, Monterey, Golden Gate Bridge, Point Reyes National Seashore, Lassen National Park.

I would purchase the National Park pass if you go to just a few of these parks.

Utahtea

Paula Gilmour Guest

Default travel across usa

I am considering travelling to the USA, starting new york in September 03 and travel right across to california for xmas, taking around 3 months off work. Will be travelling with a friend and would like to hire a travel camper bus, does anyone have any idea how much money we would need to take with us for the 3 month travel trip, how we go about organising a camper bus, and what would be the best stops along the way. Does anyone have any other ideas for a 3 month visit to america, also what about visas etc, i am 35 years of age.

cheers

Paula Gilmour Guest

Default travel across usa

I am considering travelling to the USA, starting new york in September 03 and travel right across to california for xmas, taking around 3 months off work. Will be travelling with a friend and would like to hire a travel camper bus, does anyone have any idea how much money we would need to take with us for the 3 month travel trip, how we go about organising a camper bus, and what would be the best stops along the way. Does anyone have any other ideas for a 3 month visit to america, also what about visas etc, i am 35 years of age.

cheers

Default Another 48 state route

A couple of young roadtrippers made a similar journey in 1998, their route is on-line at http://www.quest-4.com/path/path.html