Hybrid View

imported_Jason Guest

Default Road trip advice...

My friend and I have decided to take a 2 month long road trip across the US for two simple reasons...I have been one of the many business folk that have been layed off (sweet severence package, though!) and my friend has been accepted to grad school starting this coming fall. We are taking advantage of our freedom, and couldn't pass up on the opportunity to tour the US starting this May.

So far, we have decided to rent a vehicle (saves wear-n-tear and increases space...a civic won't cut it). In addition, we will be camping most of the time to cut costs...

Any suggestions? Any websites that may help, resources, discounts, routes, what not to do, where to go, etc?

I'm sure there are a lot of you out there that have inspirations to do the same "once-in-a-life-time" experience. Thanks!

imported_Jason Guest

Default Road trip advice...

My friend and I have decided to take a 2 month long road trip across the US for two simple reasons...I have been one of the many business folk that have been layed off (sweet severence package, though!) and my friend has been accepted to grad school starting this coming fall. We are taking advantage of our freedom, and couldn't pass up on the opportunity to tour the US starting this May.

So far, we have decided to rent a vehicle (saves wear-n-tear and increases space...a civic won't cut it). In addition, we will be camping most of the time to cut costs...

Any suggestions? Any websites that may help, resources, discounts, routes, what not to do, where to go, etc?

I'm sure there are a lot of you out there that have inspirations to do the same "once-in-a-life-time" experience. Thanks!

imported_Bob Guest

Default Good question, Jason

Ollie Guest

Default Some info that might be helpfull

Hi, I'm from the UK and am planning a trip with a friend of mine through the states... I have only just started investigating but have found some interesting sites...

www.freetrip.com
    www.lonelyplanet.com is a good one for general info
    and have you thought about drive-aways instead of renting... you get a nice new big car and you just have to pay for the gas... www.autodriveaway.com and www.movecars.com

5. Default road trip

Hi there

I did a 3 month trip (48 states) last year with my g/f. Great fun, email me if you need any help with planning. www.stellarossa.com has details and pics (site was down today, should be up tomorrow).

Tony, Scotland.

MuscleGirl Guest

Default Something cool to see

The last thing I EVER thought was that I would see something cool in New Jersey. I decided to wander to the bottom of NJ, landed at cape May. Around Cape May is a little beach called Sunset Beach. the sunsets there are worth the drive!