Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Brent Byars Guest

    Default Yonderin

    I have a large equity in a nice cabin sw of Denver, in a Beautiful Area. Am possibly interested in a trade for a newer, nice motor home. I haven't yet found any clearing house on this subject.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Where have you been?

    Road Greetings Brent,

    Your e-mail address stopped working (on our end) about six months ago. Glad to hear you are still around!

    In regards to your query -- talk to a real estate agent that handles tax deferred exchanges -- I am sure something could be worked out.


  3. #3
    Don Woodmancy Guest

    Default Careful!

    I like the idea of a tax deferred exchange for a motor home/cabin exchange. Before you do,however, you need to get really good professional tax advice. To do a tax deferred exchange, there are a number of rules and tests that have to be met. Two of the tests that might be a problem in this case are that both properties must be owned for the production of income and both properties must be of "like kind". You can check out Section 1031 of the IRS codes and discussions of the section in the CCH tax guides available in most large libraries for more information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts