Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default A rough summary.

Even though much of my time was spent rushing here and there, I did achieve a fair amount of relaxed driving and sightseeing. During the four months I clocked up some 23000 miles, the van drank about $5.5K in juice, consistently returning around 15mpg, and required a little short of $2K in repairs and maintenance. (From memory and the occasional note I made.) I have now put 47000 miles on the van since I bought it.

14 nights were spent in paid accommodation - motels, hostel and campgrounds - for a total cost of $510. 50% of nights were spent at truck stops. I was broke when I arrived home, but ever so rich in amazing memories of family, friends and places.

Now it is time to pull the final curtain on this trip, as I busily get ready to board the flying kangaroo in just over 24 hours. Sure hope there is some snow on the Sierras.

The potential hilight for 2014 could well be the Grandslam in St Paul, of which I have recently become aware.

Lifey

Default Enjoy !

Hi Lifey.

Thanks for the updates and have a great time on your next adventure !

Dave.

3. Default

Might the hostel once known as the AAE Denver Hostel be the one now known as the 11th Avenue Hostel?

Default Why not ask them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_H007 View Post
    Might the hostel once known as the AAE Denver Hostel be the one now known as the 11th Avenue Hostel?
    After 10 years, no one here would know. Even if it is, it is sure to have changed hands in that time, maybe several times. Anyway if you want to know more about it, i'm sure you should be able to find a contact for them - somewhere.

Lifey

Default Hostel names and addresses

When I googled "AAE Denver Hostel", I got some hits for AAE 11th Ave Hostel and Ember Hostel. The first was listed as "within walking distance of the State Capitol", 1112 Broadway Ave. Ember Hostel came up with the address as 857 Grant. A third came up, AAE Denver Ramada, 1150 E Colfax, but it offers private rooms etc.

Interesting!

Donna