Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I was petrified about driving out of LA. We picked up the van an four after getting to LA.It was low on fuel so had to fuel up first.Set the GPS to Tehacapi and followed the directions.After six weeks in the US we we driving around Hollywood and Rodeo Drive without a care in the world.Without the Navman I would be still driving around lost though.
    John

Default gps and cheap car rental

Hi,

Im going on a roadtrip this summer from San Fran to Vegas. We only paid an additional £25 for the GPS and that was for the total for 10 days which I thought was very reasonable.

Check out arguscarhire.com

I got a Ford Mustang Convertible for 10 days, GPS included, additonal driver for £400 in total. Without the addtional driver it would have been £340! Also bare in mind that my pick up / drop off are different places so generally its alot more expensive. I more 'normal' car would have been alot cheaper. Included was also the usual stuff like taxes...unlimited mileage etc

Hope info helps
    Alex

We tell out European friends that they can often do better by booking their car hire through a European consolidator such as the one you found. This is particularly true for underage (less than 25) drivers and/or people looking to do a one-way rental. But, $526 (one driver) or $620 (two drivers) does not strike me as a particularly cheap price for a 10 day rental.

AZBuck

Hi,

If we went for a bog standard car it would have been aronnd £250 for the 10 days with the GPS and addtional driver included. The extra cost is purely because we were quick specific on hiring a Mutang covertible and i think £37 a day is good. In the UK id be paying that for the most basic car