Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Some of the places listed are spelled incorrectly.
    "Chadanocka" = Chatanika, AK
    "Tollaperson" = Tallapoosa, GA or MO
    "Mattua" = Mattawa, WA
    Mattawa is in Ontario, just north of Ottawa.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 06-20-2007 at 05:23 PM. Reason: clarification

Default Another Ontario reference

Quote Originally Posted by John Bu8ck View Post
    Mattawa is in Ontario, just north of Ottawa.
    Thanks for clearing this up and welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Perhaps you would like to undertake the challenge of the Ontario A to Z listing? Here for an explanation.

Thanks,

Mark

Wow that's a cool idea. That was one of my favorite songs growing up as a kid (listened to the Hank Snow version though). I'm going on a big cross-country trip in 2008 and trying to be to all those places would be a lot of fun. :)
    Last edited by AZBuck; 08-18-2007 at 07:48 AM.

Default We're going everywhere

After having been to several of the places, my wife and I decided to go back and this time take pictures of some of the sites. I'm hoping to visit all of the destinations within 5 years. Ombabika is going to be challenging, as there is no sign that we're aware of. Maybe a selfie with GPS coordinates? I'd post an external link of our progress, but I'm new and don't have to privilege yet.

Been to 44 of those places.

Donna

Default That would make a great read.

Hi teamReames, and Welcome to the Great American Roadtrip Forum.

Sounds like a great idea. Since I do not write down all the places I visit, I can't say if I have visited all, but having covered almost 200000 miles, most look familiar.

When you undertake this great adventure, I sincerely hope you will post a trip report, complete with pictures. I look forward to reading it.

Lifey

I actually found a pretty concise list on a Motorcycle site (teamstrange). They did wonderful reseach on all the cities and posted the challenge to members in their club. When I ran across the list, we ran with it. While traveling from Gettysburg to Baltimore (with a stop off in Boring, MD), we discovered that there is not a Black Rock, PA.

So, yes, there are many Buffalo's, Dayton's, Washington's, and Springfield's. While mapping out our destinations, I tried to locate cities in as many states as possible (Houston is the only city in Deleware, Buffalo is the only city in Wyoming), while trying to have the largest spread. Some places are simply out of the country.

We have another roadtrip coming up and plan on getting pictures in Black Rock and Little Rock, but I'm torn with on Tocopilla. You see, there's a Toccopola in Mississippi we could visit, while aiming for quantity, or I could just shelf the this stop and visit Chile when we overland to Argentina...decisions, decisions...

Too bad 43things.com is shut down, I was wanting to see what others had to say on the subject

There is in fact a Blackrock, PA. It's an unincorporated community in York County 1 mile northwest of Lineboro.

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    There is in fact a Blackrock, PA. It's an unincorporated community in York County 1 mile northwest of Lineboro.
    That makes sense. I thought I had found it online, but when we were in the area, my Garmin wouldn't pull it up. I didn't have a data signal so my cell wasn't any luck either. We found Glen Rock, PA and Boring, MD instead. The Boring Church was more interesting than the Church of Uncertain in Uncertain, TX and churches in Waterproof, LA. This #everywhereman quest has taken us to some interesting places. I can't wait to see the Transformers at Primitive Designs outside of Toronto next month.