Greetings! I posted several weeks ago about a trip out to Washington/Oregon, but, though I really appreciated everyone's help, we've had to postpone that trip because there's just not enough time to get it all in. So we've thought up a more realistic trip to fit in about ten days:
- Elizabethtown, KY (home) to Chicago
- to Door County, WI (camping at Peninsula State Park)
- to Pictured Rocks near Grand Marais, MI (hopefully camping here)
- into Ontario at Sault Ste Marie
- two days driving to Toronto (and staying in Toronto a day or two)
- possibly Niagara Falls
- Buffalo, NY back to Elizabethtown, KY
We hope to drive, at the most, around seven hours in a day. Any general comments will surely be helpful, as we have never been in these areas before. I do have a couple of questions though. First, I'd appreciate some suggestions on nice stops between Sault Ste Marie and Toronto. Do you recommend taking 17 all the way to North Bay and then going south, or taking 69 down the shoreline of the Georgian Bay? Lastly, I could use some suggestions on some nice stops/scenic drives from Buffalo to Kentucky.
- Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!