help me with this trip
I am trying to plan a trip to Florida from Texas. It takes 20 hours to get there so I want to see some interesting stuff on the way. Please advise. I attempted to use MapQuest trip planner, but you have to know where you want to go for it to help.
Define "interesting" please
Off the top of my head, I can think of a couple of hundred of interesting places along the way. What kinds of things are you interested in?
Your interests? ... suggestions
1. What part of Texas are you leaving from?
2. Are you interested in seeing any parts of Texas enroute (or already been done)?
3. What are the family interests? -- scenic, history, partying, young children interests, shopping, luxury?
4. What time of year are you travelling?
- Vicksburg Mississippi area - antebellum homes, national civil war memorial
- between Baton Rouge and New Orleans - old plantations (can take tours of), scenic drive.
- Lafeyette area (just outside New Orleans) - take a boat ride swamp tour (tour operators are all over the area). Very interesting & fun. Whole family would enjoy.
- drive along coast - Pass Christian, Gulfport, Biloxi.
- Pensacola area has lots to see & do & good beaches.