1. Default Article: Grantís Farm - St. Louis, Missouri

I would like to visit the barn with the horses. Sounds like a cool place to visit.

Mark

I have not been to Grants Farm, where "Hardscrabble," the home Grant built himself is located, but the Grant National Historic Site is right next to the Farm and is a stop I'd highly recommend.

The National Historic Site is run by the National Parks Service, with "Whitehaven," the home of his father-in-law where Grant met his wife and lived for several years being the featured attraction. There is also a nice museum and ranger lead tours focusing on Grants life prior to the Civil War.

Default Take a Deep Breath and Enjoy

Wonderful, relaxing place for which the word bucolic was invented, and yes, you do get to 'play' with the Budweiser Clydesdales and their new foals.

AZBuck

Pretty cool photo with the horse!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    Wonderful, relaxing place for which the word bucolic was invented, and yes, you do get to 'play' with the Budweiser Clydesdales and their new foals.

AZBuck
    I wish I had more time to spend there. It is beautiful and those Clydesdales are gorgeous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    I have not been to Grants Farm, where "Hardscrabble," the home Grant built himself is located, but the Grant National Historic Site is right next to the Farm and is a stop I'd highly recommend.

The National Historic Site is run by the National Parks Service, with "Whitehaven," the home of his father-in-law where Grant met his wife and lived for several years being the featured attraction. There is also a nice museum and ranger lead tours focusing on Grants life prior to the Civil War.
    Both are great places to visit with entirely different personalities.