Default New richmond, ky travel center april 19

(photo courtesy of Buc-ee's)

Somehow, with all of our years on the road, I have never visited a Buc-ee's Travel Stop. I didn't even know that one of their major claims to fame is they supposedly have the cleanest restrooms on the road.

Here is the news about the latest one (from their press release):
    Buc-ee's, home of the world's cleanest bathrooms, freshest food and friendliest beaver, will unveil its newest travel center in Richmond, Kentucky, on April 19, 2022.

Located at 1013 Buc-ee's Boulevard (the northeast corner of I-75 and Duncannon Lane), Buc-ee's Richmond is the first Buc-ee's in Kentucky. The store occupies more than 53,000 square feet and offers 120 fuel positions, as well as thousands of snack, meal and drink options for travelers on the go. The new travel center also offers the same award-winning restrooms, cheap gas, quality products and excellent service that have won the hearts, trust and business of millions in the South for nearly 40 years. Buc-ee's favorites including Texas barbeque, homemade fudge, kolaches, Beaver Nuggets, jerky and fresh pastries will all be available as well.

Founded in 1982, Buc-ee's now has 35 stores across Texas, including the world's largest convenience store. Buc-ee's began its multi-state expansion in 2019, and has since opened two travel centers in Alabama, two in Florida, and two in Georgia.
    More information about this travel center here.

Has anyone on this forum ever stopped at one of these?

Mark

I'm aware of them, including the claim of their "world's largest convenience store" in New Braunfels, but I've never stopped at one. I actually didn't realize they had spread beyond Texas, much less all the way into Kentucky.

At least based on my understanding, they are much more focused on car customers than a typical truck stop. Also, despite being open 24 hours, unlike most "Travel Centers" they also generally do not allow overnight parking/sleeping.

We passed a few of them in Texas, but never had occasion to stop. (We were doing most of our fuel stops at Sam's Club, that trip.).

We'll be making a trip into KY sometime in the foreseeable future, but not in the Richmond area (which is south of Lexington on I-75). So we won't have the opportunity to check it out.

Donna

Default considerably less interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    At least based on my understanding, they are much more focused on car customers than a typical truck stop. Also, despite being open 24 hours, unlike most "Travel Centers" they also generally do not allow overnight parking/sleeping.
    Well, that would make them considerably less interesting to many roadtrippers. Looking at the photos online -- they have serious amount of beef jerkey offerings.

Mark