Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words...

...then you are writing an encyclopedia.

Thank you.

AZBuck
    Last edited by AZBuck; 03-03-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Wow, you flushed me full of memories like when my wife and I camped at Prairie Creek Redwood SP campground in June 1982, what a great place. Cape Kiwanda is where I have had the good fortune surfing several times... and afterwards dining and drinking at Pacific City Brewing right there admiring the haystack rock. Astoria is also a beautiful town.

When you mentioned that nondescript area of southern Washington state I immediately thought of the big nuclear waste installation. Perfect place for that.

Good to see you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the beers of the PNW, not to mention it is also coffee drinking territory.

3. Default

@glc, yep, yes, it was!

@AZBuck, I guess I went a bit overboard with the pictures. Looking at it now, I could have trimmed a few of them. I think I wanted to make up for the few pictures I took (and thus included) in the first part.

@landmariner, that's awesome! I wish we could've camped at Prairie Creek Redwood SP. It seemed really nice. We could also have used the following morning to see the park a bit more, but oh well. Cape Kiwanda was awesome! Thank you for all the amazing recommendations! And that's spot on how it felt being there and drinking. It fit my idea of what a California surf-town is.

Regarding southern WA, nondescript is a great adjective. It was totally unexpected, as I hear Washington state and think of vast ranges of lush evergreen forest.

Absolutely! The PNW has amazing beer. My hold luggage flying back was literally just beer, a lot of which was from the PNW, and packing material.

Default Loving it !

So many great memories for me as well and I thank you for allowing us to come along for the ride with your report.

I guess I went a bit overboard with the pictures. Looking at it now, I could have trimmed a few of them.
    No no. Keep them coming, they bring the report to life !!

Dave.