Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I found an article a day or so ago, it's fairly recent and it's about what states have travel restrictions, and what type. Here's what it says about the states you mentioned:

Alabama - No travel restrictions. Restaurants only open for take out. State parks open for camping with some exceptions.

Arkansas - No travel restrictions. In-person dining at 33% capacity. Some state parks open. Campgrounds open to RVs that are self-contained.

Oklahoma - It's open for travel, and if you're a Florida resident, you'll be okay. (Some state residents are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days. Kansas is one of them.) EDIT 1510 same day: By this I mean, Kansas is asking that travelers from certain states are expected to self-qiuarantine for 14 days when you get there. Whether that means for folks that are "just passing through", I don't know.

New Mexico - Most places have no travel restrictions, but there are some hot spots that they may not let you stop. Restaurants will be open in mid-May to 50% capacity. State parks are open. No mention of RV parks or whether the restroom/shower facilities in state parks are also open.

Arizona - Unless the information in this article has not the most up-to-date, it's saying that once you arrive in Arizona you must self-quarantine for 14 days. State parks are open, but the way the article is worded, it leaves me to believe their restroom facilities may be closed because "RVs must be self-contained".

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaR57; 05-23-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: explained what I meant in the OKLA paragraph

Much as I hate to do it, I'm going to repeat my recommendation that this is not the time to take a multi-state recreational road trip.

I understand what glc has suggested, and most states ARE discouraging recreational travel. We don't really know the reasoning behind the OP's travel, though it does sound like a recreational trip. We also know that life has to go on. People move, are getting ready to move and need a "reconnaisance trip" to check out the new place, or just need to get away. Frankly, an RV would be a more socially distant type of travel, because you carry your own bed, your own food, your own bathroom and shower facilities. The only thing that would be a little concerning would be fueling up your tow vehicle, checking in to a campground or RV park, and then the big one...where you are sightseeing.

To fuel up, wear gloves. Bring your own gloves of some type, and also wear a mask. Try not to park in a lane that is too close to another vehicle filling up. It might be worth paying a few pennies more per gallon to use a station that isn't quite as crowded as the cheapest one in town. (Unless you have a diesel, then you WANT to use a station that sells a lot of diesel to make sure that it is "fresh fuel".)

To check in, try to stay 6' away from the campground ranger/host etc. If paying with credit card, you use your gloves or use hand sanitizer immediately -- just as you would do at home when you have to press buttons on a touch screen or keypad.

As stated, this really is not a good time for a sightseeing trip. Some of the national parks, like Grand Canyon, are seeing huge crowds already and that is NOT conducive to staying away from COVID-19. If sticking to lesser known places, you may have better luck, and it may be a memorable trip for a better reason. Our worst memories are dealing with crowds at places like that. If you'd like better memories, check out some of those smaller places. IF they are open.

Donna