[OMG. I can't believe it is almost 2 months since I looked at this thread. Too many other things going on in the current environment.]

The caravan park where we were staying was about a km from the actual town, and right across the road from the area's Visitor Information Centre and Museum.. For the week, the Rollers had exclusive use of the caravan park. The only males who were there were the maintenance men. The facilities were excellent. Great Camp Kitchen. All facilities fully accessible. And for the most part, great company.

Before I left home, someone had said to me "Why do you want to go there, there's nothing but a couple of cafes". When in actual fact there were a couple of hotels, a very nice restaurant, cafes, two (small) supermarkets and general shopping for anything you may want, mostly centred on tourism supplies - including several scuba diving and snorkling outfitters. Then of course there were the automotive repair shops, real estate agents, banks and ATMs. There was a large water park in town, which was very popular, but by far the greatest attraction were the dozen or so Emus which roamed the town. Locals tended to ignore them, but visitors could not resist taking photos. They walked right up to the shops, and the fully open shopfronts, they would walk straight in. Eating outside was hazardous, as they would peck the food from your plate.

I went into town almost every day. There was a great footpath from the caravan park to town, nice and smooth for my scooter. Some days I went with one of the other two ladies who used mobility scooters. Yeah, a great place.

There were many activiies planned, probably the highlight of them was the glass bottomed boat to Ningaloo Reef in the Ningaloo Marine Park. We stopped by the reef, and many ladies went for a snorkel to view the coral and the marine life. I was happy to view it all from the boat. Most of the time while in Exmouth it was up in the high 30sC. Each evening there were various activities - bingo, dancing, karaoke, etc. There were macrame and paper mache sessions as well as knitting during the day - one of which I ran. Basically something for everyone.

All too soon the week was over, and we had to prepare for the trip home. I had already laid out my route.