1. Default Help me please..

19 year old F here, I'm trying to get from Fort Myers Florida to Colorado Springs, I don't know how to drive and no travel company will take animals unless they are service animals or have their proper papers on which I can't afford. I have a cat, she has her own carrier, I can pay what I can for gas and my own food. trying to get away from a toxic mother who prefers drugs over food, I plan to pack my valuables, whatever clothes that can fit in a bag, my possesions I find irreplaceable , things I hold dear to me and of course my cat, I'm a pretty shy person I just really need to leave and I don't really know where or who to turn too so if anyone has decided to make a trip from Florida to Colorado I'd be most appreciated if you'd take me along. Like I said I can pay what I can for gas depending on how much I save up and/or given by family. I'd really really be so happy if I could leave and start a new chapter of my life.

Default Stay safe.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

I hope you eventually find what you are looking for, but please be careful ! Have you no other family member or trusted friend you can talk to about this ? Being young and vulnerable and sharing that info on line could put you in a dangerous situation by getting in a car with someone you don't know at all. Have you someplace to go in Colorado Springs ? Could they help in someway until you find your feet ? Be patient and if need be save some money up and have a plan in place, you have a whole lifetime ahead of you.

Good luck and best wishes.

We hope you find a safe, fun way to get to Colorado Springs. And we are sorry that you are having a tough time.

Mark

Default You Can Do It

I learned a great life lesson from my own mother. She was left widowed at age 37 with six young children and essentially no money. I was 5; the youngest of us was 4 months old. Whenever I would ask her if I could do something, she would simply say "Yes." No instructions, no offers of help, no financial aid. Just the simple affirmative response that I could do whatever I wanted. My siblings all got the same lesson. I realize that I got positive reinforcement throughout my childhood while you got none, but the fact remains that you CAN do whatever you set your mind to if you want it badly enough. You do not need to rely on the kindness of strangers, you have it within you to make your dreams happen.

I cannot give you specific advice, because I do not know your situation well enough, nor am I a trained counselor or life coach. What I can tell you is that it can be done. I left home at age 13 and never returned (except to visit, and I left on very good terms). I have been responsible for my own life ever since. I nearly blew it several times - flunking out of college, getting arrested more than once, 'wasting' a lot of time in low-paying jobs. But I always took responsibility for my actions and their consequences. Do that and forgive your own 'failures' along the way and your life can only get better. Nike had it right: "Just Do It!"

I searched the Greyhound bus pages to find out about pets. No info.
    I have an email out to them asking the question. Seems to me that if one could take pets in carriers via airlines then buses should allow them too. But I don't yet know for sure.

Default Stay positive, and all the best.

It was the situation at home which saw me leave in my teens as well. I left on good terms, and all I was given was money to make a phone call home, should I want to go home. It's been tough at times, but in the end, as stated more than once above, you will get there. It is all up to you. Keep your chin up and stay positive. I wonder if there is a women's organiasation locally which would be able to help you.... some one who may know a person travelling in the direction you want to go.

Be aware! Do not just accept a ride from anyone. It can be very risky, just as giving a stranger a ride, can be.

Lifey