Default We're All Just Pikers!

As much as many of us have traveled this country by road, we'd have a long way to go to outdo this gentleman who recently completed a RoadTrip that took him to every national park. monument, historic site, etc. in the United States.

AZBuck

Default "Pikers" might be a little strong, but even so...

...I'm certainly impressed! I didn't watch the video, because it required an app that I don't have, but I'm assuming from the title ("one long trip") that the young gentleman must have been checking off National Parks at a relatively prodigious rate. Hitting them all is quite a feat, and one has to admire the spirit of his accomplishment (not to mention the logistics!)

That said! (Uh oh--here comes the old fart, standing on his soapbox again): our National Parks and Historic Sites are all such special places, all deserving of so much more than a glancing blow. I have to wonder if the guy allowed himself to savor any of what he saw? IMHO, a project like that ought to take the best part of a lifetime. (Or maybe I'm just jealous! ;-)

Rick

Here's a link to the Washington Post article about the trip. Here's also one from USA Today that gives a little more info about the logistics.

The trip was done over the course of 3 years, so hopefully he got time to enjoy the places he visited, although he even admits he spent more time working/planning out the trip - which appears to have included speaking engagements to help fund the experience - than he actually did in the parks.

Still, a pretty impressive feat.

The video doesn't require an app. It played fine in my browser. It's "optimized" for viewing on the BBC Mobile App.

Default Actually, I believe one of our own has done that too!

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    As much as many of us have traveled this country by road, we'd have a long way to go to outdo this gentleman who recently completed a RoadTrip that took him to every national park. monument, historic site, etc. in the United States.
    I believe that one of our RTA Contributing Writers has completed that as well. I know that Jaimie Bruzenak has visited all of the NPS sites (parks, historic parks & monuments) in the USA. I know that it took her a couple of years to achieve this milestone.

Mark