Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Morning of sight-seeing in Glacier National Park, evening drive to Red Lodge
    which should allow us to give it a full day and an early, long morning.
    Don't underestimate travel times as even from St Mary's Lake in Glacier it would take around 8 hours to get to Red Lodge. I also think you should make it a priority to see what lodgings are available in, or near to Glacier NP. I would consider looking on the east side of the park as you may not have time for the Going to the sun road and if it were closed and you booked in West Glacier you are just adding more miles. The Rising sun motor Inn by St Marys is nice with some lovely small cabins as an option. Then there is Many Glacier hotel and Swiftcurrent motor Inn at Many Galcier, a beautiful area as Rick mentioned. There are a few options near lower St Mary's lake on US89 as well.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Dave View Post
    I would consider looking on the east side of the park as you may not have time for the Going to the sun road and if it were closed and you booked in West Glacier you are just adding more miles. The Rising sun motor Inn by St Marys is nice with some lovely small cabins as an option. Then there is Many Glacier hotel and Swiftcurrent motor Inn at Many Galcier, a beautiful area as Rick mentioned. There are a few options near lower St Mary's lake on US89 as well.
    Thanks, Southwest Dave. I'm not sure if you've seen my latest post? We are now planning on staying on the east side on the 23rd (driving from Banff) and then traversing the park and staying on the west side the following night, ready for the onward journey, as far as we can make it to Yellowstone!

I've managed to find a camping cabin available in St. Mary/East Glacier KOA Campground on July 23rd. This should provide us with a good location to get into the park early on the 24th. Unfortunately the accommodations suggested by yourself aren't available on the 23rd.

Default My bad.

. I'm not sure if you've seen my latest post?
    I did miss the part about having 2 nights to spare in the Glacier area so now it makes sense.