Hi, so long story short my husband and I are having a delayed honeymoon almost 3 years after we got married! (he's in the forces). We're from England and have both been to the states plenty of times but never for a road trip, so first of all if there are any tips or advice for road tripping then we welcome them.
Basically we only have a small window of time due to our work commitments, we definitely have 2 weeks and we're desperately pushing for a third week although it might not be granted, so we are planning it around 2 weeks to be safe. We've got plenty of places we would like to see but we've narrowed it down to how much we think we'd be able to do, but again we've never done these trips or the long drives so we aren't really sure what to expect. Here is what we've got so far;
- Fly into San Fransisco
- Drive to Yosemite NP
- Drive to Death Valley NP (either up via Lake Tahoe or down via Sequoia NP)
- Area 51
- Sedan Crater
- Valley of Fire
- Antelope Canyon
- Monument Valley
- Grand Canyon
- Vegas (we aren't overly fussed on Vegas as my husband has already been and I'm sure we will go another time so I don't mind skipping Vegas if we are constrained by time)
- Fly from Vegas back to San Fran and spend a few days there before flying back to the UK.
We did have plenty of other things on our list but we really trimmed it down.
Basically the advice I'm looking for is to tell me
A - how much time to give myself in each of these places
B - recommendations on places to stay/visit/eat at at each of these places, or if there is any point of interest along the way or not too far off route that would be worth also visiting
C - if the places mentioned are worth visiting
D - any general advice, is it better to get a hotel/motel/camper van etc.
Some other information;
- So we're looking at around 2 weeks
- Either in May/June of this year
- We'd like to keep our costing down to a minimum while also not sacrificing, so we will pay for things that will heighten our experiences but not on unnecessary expenses.
- My husband and I are 25, my husband is into his fitness so enjoys hikes.
- We like adrenaline activities
- We like nature and photography
- We're happy driving
I think thats all! We welcome every and any advice you can offer.