1. Default Vancouver Washington to Las Vegas

I was wondering if I took I 5 TO Las Vegas where about do I change highways to Las Vegas? I need to be there March 9th how much time should I give myself to get there. I have 2 dogs to stop for potty breaks.

Welcome to the RTA forum!

The simplest way is to take I-5 to CA-58 to I-15. There are a couple other options to cut over to CA-99, you could do it as early as Sacramento or Stockton and go down the east side of the Central Valley. Take a look at a map and you'll see the many options, all of which are roughly the same time/distance.

Going this way means you're looking at a trip that's nearly 1500 miles and you should plan for nearly 3 full days on the road - two overnight stops are mandatory for a safe trip.

It's actually about 100 miles shorter to take I-82/I-84/I-15 through Salt Lake City. You'd still need 2 overnight stops, but it would be closer to 2.5 days to make the trip safely.

I read this as Vancouver WA, not BC.

I would take I-5 to CA-46 to CA-99 to CA-58 to I-15. This is 1160 miles and can (just) be done in 2 long days. I-84 to I-15 is 1200 miles and will take about the same amount of time. There are shorter routes, but they don't use freeways.

I would allow 2.5 days just to be on the safe side.

My first choice would probably be I-84 to Twin Falls and south on US93/NV318/US93/I-15. It's a decent enough drive and Twin Falls is a nice place to break the drive with an overnight stop.

That is an option but that's a lot of 2 lane road through a very desolate area. Cell phone coverage is spotty and it's a long way in between services.

GLC is correct, I was thinking Vancouver BC, not Washington. As such, I-5 is a bit shorter and on the very upper edge of how far you could get in 2 days.

I would still probably take I-5 one direction and I-15/I-84 the other just for the sake of variety. The route Dave suggested is also a perfectly fine one, but as GLC mentioned, it takes you on 2 lane roads through some very remote areas. The travel time between staying on I-15 vs. US-93 isn't likely to be too significant, it's just a matter if you'd rather have the shorter distance (US-93) or the easier drive (I-15).