Default Motorcycle road trip - Colo to Montana & return

This might not be very congruent with most folks' idea of a road trip but I figure some of you regulars might appreciate it.

I put my photos into a webpage format both so I can save it like a photo album at home and so I can just give folks a link to follow rather than trying to email the too-big files.

http://coloradowreckchasing.com/ADVp...trip_2017.html

The camping was less comfortable than I expected because the camps were at lower altitude and therefore hotter than my decades of backpacking experience led me to expect. I've also concluded that a self-supporting tent is a must when using NFS campgrounds because that doggone tent pad is HARD and pounding aluminum tent stakes into that stuff (compacted gravel) only bends them. (but gaps in picnic table boards are a handy place to use to bend them back if you stopped pounding before they got too deformed)

Great report -- I enjoyed reading it and trying to follow it in my atlas. Your Flaming Gorge pictures brought back memories. I was there as a teenager, back in the Dark Ages. One of these days, I may get back there.

Donna

The roads around Flaming Gorge are very good and are the kind of twisty roads that motorcyclists like. But my Mexican tourist friends didn't seem to note that we were there near sunset and the deer were already easing their way towards playing in the road. I was riding a LOT slower than they were for that reason. Someday I should go all the way around the gorge - it's really spectacular.