We are planning a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando in an RV (fly back for return trip). We have 2 weeks to cover the distance and would like to make several pit stops and have fun along the way. We have never done this. By that we have never gone anywhere in an RV nor have we gone on a road trip that long. I am looking forward to suggestions and advice from this forum for all my planning. Below are some of the questions I have to begin with.
1. Where can I rent one-way RVs (rent in CA return in FL) for the best possible rate?
2. What kind of RV should I rent? We are 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 11)
3. What route should we take to have most fun?
4. Where all should I stop and what kind of activities can we do? (We like national parks, golf and water)
5. Where do I stay? (RV parks? KOA?)
6. What should I worry about? What precautions should I take? How do I prepare?
I will probably have more questions. Any other ideas, thoughts, experiences you can share with me is greatly appreciated. If there are other similar discussions, please post the links so I can read them.
Thanks in Advance!