I'm looking forward to an roadtrip during thanksgiving holiday from Ann Arbor .... and was thinking of ideas ?
Here's the basic outline :
1. Lone traveler --- male in mid 30s.
2. Starting from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
3. Travel time -- 4 days of thanksgiving -- Thursday to Sunday.
4. Where ?? That's the big question. The goal is to have a solo trip; comprised of mostly long drives along interesting routes away from cities, with 2-3 stops in a day to eat, drink , see minor attractions here & there. Having lived in Michigan for a few years, I've traveled to the Mackinac island, Michigan west coast (Sleeping Bear Dunes, Traverse City). So would love to go someplace different for a change.
5. Why ? It's a long answer -- but suffice it saying that I'm somewhat of a loner and prefer quiet solitude to think, get my thoughts together. Believe it or not, driving away from cities is the only thing I've found gives me this opportunity. (Is that weird ... to want to travel long distances, solo - for no purpose other than to travel for the sake of it?)
I don't really look forward to camping/hiking but I'm more than comfortable living in bare-bones kind of motels or even sleeping in car. As long as the drive is at least semi-intresting , I'm game.
So there you go.. probably weirdest road trip idea you've read in a while ? Any suggestions?