Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In addition to all of the problems that Buck mentioned, you also have to keep in mind that bringing a car to the US with the intention of selling it also means that would be importing the car. That brings a whole other set of issues when it comes to immigration and customs. At the very least, you're going to have a nightmare of paperwork and red tape, and your also likely dealing with lots of extra fees and costs when it comes to dealing with that.

Just another reason that while it could be done, it's probably not something that will work well for you.

My comments will probably won't be much help to you. I've done the opposite where I have bought a car in the States and brought it back to Canada. There isn't much paper work and or modification (for newer cars). In fact, I just bought a car in East Providence and am flying out tomorrow to pick it up and bring it back to Toronto.

The difference is - you are a Canadian citizen. Reading the poster's previous thread, it appears that he/she is probably an Israeli citizen. There are just going to be too many roadblocks to make this feasible.

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

I agree with AZBuck, getting a car across the border is not a problem per se, but you might have trouble in terms of registration, taxes and you might have to do some modifications/inspections in order to comply with US standards. Cars are not labeled in French in Canada, but there are indeed a few differences between the two countries. For example Canada is using the metric system while the US still uses the imperial system. Both systems are usually displayed on the speedometer of Canadian cars, but maybe the US has special requirements regarding that matter (?).

Default Not necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Quebec Gen View Post
    Both systems are usually displayed on the speedometer of Canadian cars, but maybe the US has special requirements regarding that matter (?).
    On my first two trips I relocated a couple of dozen cars in and throughout the US. One was a Canadian car I had to relocate from Vancouver BC to Dallas TX. (This was 12 days after the attack on NYC.) The owners were moving house, and did not want to drive the car themselves..... for such a long drive!

It is the only car I have driven in North America which did not have mileage on the speedo. All other cars I have driven in North America - some three dozen by now - have had both metric and imperial, with the imperial being the main one. I should add that I like that, as it gives me some comparison to home. Nowhere else in the world that I have driven, has a vehicle had both systems.

Lifey