Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good morning again, I see
    my above post became nicer!
    Thank you, Dave, for adding the map into it. I didn't know how to do that.
    AZBuck, thanks for your kind and encouraging comment.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    You've got a great trip lined 'up. Now is the time to start to relax and enjoy.

AZBuck
    Yes, we could just relax and enjoy but I visited your thread with atractions A-Z this morning and it gave me a few new ideas. I discovered that destination of my dreams- Oshkosh is almost around the corner from our route. My friend I I taked about it and we think we could add the next year's show to our itinerary. Timing fits well and it's not that far. We'd gladly change the days we intended for Chicago to days in Oshkosh. We'll come to Chicago again and again in the future.

What do you think?

I also edited locations of some Custom points to move the blue route line through flagged areas POI system sugested.

Here is the updated map:

-----------------------------------------------------
    Mark Sedenquist Edit: If you use the RTAMap Icon (instead of the URL tags) and change the word custom to display in the URL, you can post your map here too. But nice work on the map!

And you don't need to include all of the RTA RoadTrip Attraction Flags -- just choose the ones you're interested in!
    Last edited by USvisitor; 11-11-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Default Oshkosh?

Oshkosh is known for two things: The children's clothing manufacturer Oshkosh B'gosh, and the Experimental Aircraft Association. I'm just curious as to which is the draw for you. Also in the area let me suggest that you stop in Fond du Lac (at the southern end of Lake Winnebego) and have a meal at Gilles Frozen Custard Drive-In on S. Main St., a hamburger and ice cream joint straight out of the 50's where you pull up to a parking space, flash your lights, and a real honest-to-goodness carhop comes and takes your order. And then in Appleton, at the north end of the lake, there's Harry Houdini's boyhood home. You see what I mean by there are more things than you can ever get to in any small area of the country. Good luck paring down your to Do list.

AZBuck

Default Airshow

Hi AZBuck,

thank you very much for your comment and suggestion. It sounds very interesting. I sure would like to experience 50's America. More things to think about...

As for Oshkosh I have just 1 word and it is AIRSHOW. I love airshows, airplanes, flights (as traveller). Been dreaming to see the best museum of Aviation (as it was described to me) since 2002, as well as see the great flying fest with my own eyes. If someone would tell me- you can't go to both- choose Mountains (Glacier park etc) or Oshkosh I'm pretty sure I'd say- Oshkosh :-D

Default I see you've been working!

I've enabled the map to display in your post above -- You can do this too! You can also edit the map to show only the RTA "Flags" that you're interested in.

Mark

Thank you Mark.

My friend and I decided to keep all flags for now till both review all places.

As for maps, I don't know how to put them in the posts as you do. I've been studying RTA a lot but not enough probably to find any explanation how to do that.
    Advice or link to necessary topic would be very appreciated.

Default Like so.

As for maps, I don't know how to put them in the posts as you do
    1] Select appropriate saved map from 'My Maps'.. 2] Below the map display select 'View and share saved map'. 3] Under the map copy the URL. 4] When posting in the forum, select 'Go Advanced' under the bottom right of post box. 5] Select 'RTA MAP' icon and paste the URL.
    6] You need to delete the word 'custom' in the URL and enter 'display' in it's place. 7] Submit reply.

It's not as bad as it seems once you have done it once. ;-)

Here is the official version.http://www.roadtripamerica.com/forum...in-Forum-Posts [It might make more sense !
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 11-11-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added link.

Default Excellent work on the posting report

Quote Originally Posted by USvisitor View Post
    My friend and I decided to keep all flags for now till both review all places
    . USVisitor also created a helpful step-by-step field report about creating maps using waypoints, others might find this helpful. There is a recurring bug with the Custom Places program, which unfortunately he found... but still a useful post!

Mark

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Dave View Post
    It's not as bad as it seems once you have done it once. ;-)

Here is the official version.http://www.roadtripamerica.com/forum...in-Forum-Posts [It might make more sense !
    Thank you Dave. I'm sure it's easy once you try and master that. I will try. Thanks for the link.

MArk, I'm glad to hear that you think my post about mapping might be helpful :-)