Thank you in advance for your help! My husband and I are planning our first RV roadtrip for September 2011 (not sure if this still qualifies as summer...), and hope to get some ideas/feedback.
We will be bringing our 2 cats on the trip, and want a relaxing time together enjoying scenery and checking out national parks and small towns. We are not crazy hikers, just love nature. We live in Seattle, WA and currently plan to start the trip from Seattle and returning to Seattle but we only have 2 weeks of vacation; so definitely open to suggestions on whether we should fly somewhere to rent an RV that we can drop off back in Seattle or something like that.
Our current plan is to rent an RV from Seattle, leave from Seattle and head south on I5 through Eugene (Oregon), to Crater Lake National Park, and then heading down southwest to Redwood National Park, before heading east towards Grand Teton and Yellowstone, and looping back up west-wards through Glacier National Park, through Spokane, WA and back to Seattle.
Was wondering if folks have done similar trips and have ideas on:
1) should we fly somewhere to start the driving from?
2) is the above list of destination/driving too aggressive for 2 weeks?
3) is september too late for the roadtrip (i am afraid of the cold)?
4) are there other destinations in the vicinity of our loop that we should go to instead, or in addition?
5) anyone travelled with pets (especially cats) before, and have advice? (our cats ride well in cars, but we were wondering about travelling logistics if we didn't start from Seattle...hauling litter boxes cross-country....lol)
all related posts will be super appreciated, i've been trawling the forums and reading what i can but i'm a newbie at roadtrips and RVs!
thanks a lot again!