been lurking on this site for some time, but this is my first post. We would like to take a 2 week road trip this summer(end of July-beginning of August) with our 12 and 15 year old boys. This is a rough itinerary I have come up with. Would like to know if this is feasible in 2 weeks and if we should add or subract any destinations. I'm in New England and have never been west of PA so looking forward to this immensely!
1. Fly into LAX. Spend 2 nights in LA. Universal/Hollywood touristy stuff
2. Drive up the coast, possibly as far as Big Sur. Stay one night
3. Drive to Las Vegas. Spend 2 nights. See a show/ go to arcade. (Is Las Vegas totally inappropriate for a 12 and 15 year old? It seems there is enought to do without getting into the casino scene)
4. Drive to Grand Canyon - Spend 2 nights
5. Drive to Sedona - Spend one or two nights
6. Drive to San Diego - Go to Sea World/ visit a family member. Spend one or two nights
7. Back to LA for flight home.
As you can see, we still have an extra night or two. Any advice on where to spend more time? Hoping to not feel like we are driving all the time, while still see quite a few things. Also trying to balance things we think the boys would enjoy and things we would like.
Thanks for any help/advice you can give!