Hello All :)
As the date for my flight into LA draws closer, I'm beginning to worry about my 'see how it goes once I hit the road' attitude. So I've done a bit of planning and would like to hear if the itinerary i've come up with is realistic.
Here's the list of stuff I would like to see/experience during my 2 week road trip to California:
- See the Gaude-n-Glitz of Las Vegas
- Get out of my 'urban' comfort zone and see a bit of nature
- See a bit of Americana if I can
- Wine country/tasting
- Experience the 'bigness' of the Redwoods
- See migrating whales
- Drive over the Golden Gate bridge.
- Get a new bag at the timbuc2 outlet in SF
- Offer a child at the Altar of St. Jobs in Cupertino
- Hang with my friend Bradley in Santa Cruz
- Attend the Rose bowl in LA
and the route:
19th - Pick up van from Escape Campervans in LA. Drive to Las Vegas via I15.
20th - Set out via 95,190 to Death Valley Park. Then 395, 178 to Bakersfield
21st - Head up to Sacramento via 99
22nd - Head into Wine Country Napa/Sonoma via I80
23rd - Drive towards Clear lake via 101
24th - and on to Humboldt State Park via 101
25th - Down to Point Reyes for whale spotting via Mendocino on 1
26th - SF via GG Bridge
27th - SF then down to Santa Cruz via Silicon Valley
28th - Santa Cruz to San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara to Lake Casitas via 1, 101, 154, 1 into LA
1st - LA (Rose Bowl)
2nd - Return van
Any ideas or tips that you might care to share with regards to the route and stuff-to-see would be most appreciated.