My girlfriend and I just booked our vacation in the US for the summer of 2011. We will be in the country from mid june, until late july (about 5 weeks).
Our main goal for the trip is reaching the west coast by car, after visiting New York and Miami. We´re planning on visiting DC, Miami, Orlando, New Orleans, Houson, Dallas, Grand Canyon, Vegas and San Diego before ending up LA, where our return flight awaits.
We´d appreciate any suggestions from you guys, on places worth visiting on our way. For the record, I am quite familiar in CA area, as I recently was an exchange student in San Diego. Below are some questions which we could use some guidance on:
- Where should we stop by on our way from DC to Miami (we´ve planned 1-2 nights here)?
- What is worth seeing in the south states?
- We need a cheap rental car. Does anyone know whether or not it would exist an affordable rental car company where they waive underage fee? (we´re both 23)
- What is New Orleans and Orlando like?
- We were also thinking about visiting Panama City. Any suggestions?