a friend and I (we're both 19, almost 20) would like to drive from Long Island to California next summer. I'm going to try and condense this as best I can, seeing as I don't know where to begin! so, here it goes:
- about how much money would we need?
- what's the best route to take? we'd like to do some sightseeing, but just getting there is more important because we want to do most of our driving through California.
- what's best as far as sleeping arrangements go? I'm so down for roughin' it, I love to camp and wouldn't mind sleeping in the car at all.
- how long would it take to drive there and back? whatever amount of time we actually decide to spend in California depends on other plans we have for the summer.
- the car we would probably be taking is a little Toyota Corolla. it's in great condition, but about how much would the cost of gas be?
- would weather be an issue for driving at all?
anything else? I feel like I might be forgetting a lot of things, but it's no worries... just fill me in on whatever I need to know. thank you (to whoever replies to this) for all your help!!!