We're planning our first ever road trip and we're a little overwhelmed with all the details. We're not sure of our route, timing, destinations, things to do, etc. Would love some feedback from the experts on the following:
OCT 9th: Mission Viejo - CA, to (LEAVE AT NOON) 7 hrs.
9-11th: Yosemite National Park - CA, to (LEAVE EARLY) 10 hrs.
11-16th: Boise - ID, to (LEAVE MID-MORNING) 5 1/2 hrs.
16-20th: Salt Lake City/Prove - UT, to (LEAVE MID-MORNING) 5 hrs.
20-21st: Arches National Park - UT, to (LEAVE MID-MORNING) 5 1/2 hrs.
21-23rd: Bryce Canyon/Zion National Park - UT, to (LEAVE EARLY) 6 hrs.
23-24th: Grand Canyon - AZ, to (LEAVE EARLY) 8 hrs.
24th: Mission Viejo - CA, home
1) Does anyone have suggestions for what we can do in Arches, Bryce and Zion?
2) Does anyone know what side of the Grand Canyon we should travel to (North or South rim)?
3) Main destinations are Boise, Salt Lake, and Grand Canyon - can anyone suggest a better road trip/sites in between?
4) Are we spending appropriate amounts of time in the non-destination locations?
5) What "MUST-DO's" should we experience on this road trip?
Looking forward to your feedback,
Jon (and Kim)