My boyfriend and I have decided to embark on a three week roadtrip. We have places we definitely would like to go and a general idea of the loop we are going to make, but could really use some advice on places to go and things to see. Any route suggestions would absolutely be appreciated. Any hole in the wall small towns, site seeing etc. Here is the general idea of our plan:
1. Start in Germantown Maryland (its about an hour outside D.C.).
2. Head west to Chicago, IL.
3. Head west to St. Louis, MO
4. Head West to Denver, CO
5. Continue to Glenwood Springs, CO
6. Durango, CO
5. Head Southeast to Oklahoma City, OK
6. East to Memphis, TN
7. East to Nashville, TN
8. East to Charlotte, NC
9. North ending back up in Germantown
We would like to spend a good amount of time in Colorado, and wouldn't mind traveling some within the state, we just aren't sure where to go exactly. We would also love some filler for the time between St. Louis and Denver, and Colorado and Oklahoma City. We are both from the east coast and not particularly familiar with the middle of the U.S!