Hi all and what a great place this is!
We have flown from the UK and stayed for a few weeks in California over the last couple of years, since we exported our daughter to you in Redondo Beach! But now we want to go exploring this October.
I have been reading loads of threads, but I am in need of your comments and advice please.
This is my proposed itinerary:
• Day 1 - Los Angeles Arrival October 4th
• Day 2 - Los Angeles
• Day 3 – Los Angeles
• Day 4 - Los Angeles - Palm Springs
• Day 5 - Palm Springs - Laughlin
• Day 6 - Laughlin - Grand Canyon
• Day 7 - Grand Canyon National park
• Day 8 - Grand Canyon - Lake Powell
• Day 9 - Lake Powell - Bryce Canyon National Park
• Day 10 - Bryce Canyon National Park - Zion National Park - Las Vegas
• Day 11 - Las Vegas
• Day 12 - Las Vegas- Death Valley
• Day 13 - Death Valley
• Day 14 - Death Valley - Yosemite
• Day 15 - Yosemite
• Day 16 - Yosemite
• Day 17 - Yosemite - San Francisco
• Day 18 - San Francisco
• Day 19 - San Francisco - Monterey/Carmel - San Luis Obispo
• Day 20 - San Luis Obispo - Solvang - Santa Barbara - Los Angeles
• Day 21 - Los Angeles
• Day 22 - Los Angeles Depart October 24th
We have booked the flights and car hire. We will be staying in Los Angeles with my daughter and son in law.
So far we have booked accommodation in both Death Valley at Stove Pipe Wells and Cedar Lodge for Yosemite. I am about to book accommodation for Grand Canyon too.
Am we going to be OK to do this in October (weather)? and are we taking on too much in the above itinerary?
Any advice would be gratefully received, as this is harder to plan being in a different country to mine.
EDIT: oops! - sorry if this in in the wrong section of the forum........