I have read most of the relevant posts and put together a rough itinerary for my first ever road trip. Need lots of advice as we are from Singapore and this is our first trip to USA.
We will be flying in from Singapore to New York for 5-6 days before taking a domestic flight to San Francisco.
15 Mar - Arrive San Francisco (2 nights)
16 Mar - San Francisco
17 Mar - Pick up car and drive to Lake Tahoe (Kings Beach) (2 nights)
- Willing be taking I-80. Should I exit to Highway 267 or Highway 89 to Kings Beach? We wouldn't mind a slightly longer drive for a nicer scenic drive.
18 Mar - Lake Tahoe
19 Mar - Drive to Yosemite Valley (2 nights)
- Understand that Tioga Pass will be closed. So we will take either US-50 or I-80 to Highway 99. We are a bit lost on how to proceed to Yosemite Valley via Highway 99. (Not sure how to join Route 120 or Route 140)
20 Mar - Yosemite Valley
21 Mar - Drive to Sequoia National Park (1 night)
- Take Route 41 to Route 180 to Route 198
22 Mar - Drive to Las Vegas (1 night)
- Take Route 198 to Highway 99 to Route 58 to I-15
23 Mar - Drive to Grand Canyon (1 night)
- Take Route 93 to I-40 to Route 64/180
24 Mar - Drive to Las Vegas (2 nights)
26 Mar - Fly to New York
Kindly advise if those are the best routes for us to take and recommendations in any. Thanks in advance for the help!