I am planning on working out in California for 11-12 weeks this summer starting in May and am staying with a roommate from college while I am out there. I have a 2007 Volvo S-40 with 50,000 miles on it and am interested in driving out there for a few reasons:
1. So I don't bother my roommate and will have my own car
2. To be able to drive across the country
However, I am a little worried about time/ cost/ overall efficiency of driving across the country. I am pretty sure a friend or two can come with me and would buy their own plane ticket back, but I would cover the cost of everything else getting out there including places to stay, gas, etc.
1. I am wondering what the best route would be that I could do in a 7 day trip from NC to Long Beach, CA where I could hit a few "hot spots" along the way.
2. Is it worth it to drive out there and have my own car versus renting a car on the weekends and taking public transportation to work during my time out there
3. For a trip with just girls (25 year olds)- is this safe and what types of places would you recommend us staying in?