We are 2 adults and one 3 year old thinking about renting an RV over Christmas and driving from Los Angeles to Houston. Would appreciate any advise or suggestions members of this board could give:
1) We are hoping there is no winter bad weather since we will be traveling down south. True?
2) This will be a 6-7 day trip for us (LA to Houston and back to LA), any suggestions what cities and/or outdoor attractions we could hit on the way?
3) Minor detours probably will be ok, but since this is only a 7 day trip, I am guessing major detours won't be possible... any advice in this regard?
4) Is renting an RV and driving this route ok given the time of the year (late December)?
5) Any recommendations on overnight stays at RV parks along the way?