Been following this forum alot lately, read and learned alot.
I'm from Belgium and am planning a trip with my brother-in-law.
Limited to 11 full days in the US, mid june 2010 (Wifes :||)
I'm attaching my temp calendar to this post, which should give you a good idea of what kind of planning we have now. (The days traveling down the coast from SF to LA should give us some leniency to move some things if necessary)
Obvious questions are:
- possible? Have we, underestimated the driving time?
- Where should we trim/expand our time? (My brother-in-law is a truckdriver, so he's able and used to drive)
- Is Sequoia NP beter than Yosemite? Should we stop at both?
- Should we do Universal Studio's? Worth the day?
- Which other things along the coast (SF to LA) shouldn't we miss?
- Is Downtown L.A. worth a full day? It's just another city no?
We are especially looking for those special places that are worth a stop (or small detour)? Things known only to locals. (Our last trip to New York wouldn't have been the same without the icecream-parlour at the end of the brooklyn bridge)
Also looking for any laws on RV-camping in California... What may we do, what not? Can we stop anywhere and sleep? Or only on special RV-stops?
Any idea's and remarks are more than welcome !
Thanks in advance !