I found this site while searching information for my roadtrip in California. I have read som of the previous threads and that has been really helpful! I have a few questions though...
The plan is to:
1. Start in L.A and hang around for a few days.
2. Go to Big Sur
3. San Francisco (stay a few days).
5. Yosemite (stay a few days).
6. Lone Pine
8. Las Vegas (stay a few days).
10. Monument Valley
11. Grand Canyon (stay a few days)
13. Blythe (?)
14. San Diego
15. Huntington Beach/Laguna Beach (stay here or in San Diego at least a day)
16. L.A, leave car.
We (me and my boyfriend) have planned to be on the road about three weeks. Is that realistic? When driving from Springdale, towards Monument Valley, we thought about taking US 89. Is that a good choice or does anyone have any other suggestions? When going from Grand Canyon and towards San Diego we probably need to make a stop somewhere, is there some city/town one should visit?
I also wonder if there is some particular roadmap that is better than the others? Is there a map that shows motels and gasstations? We both live in Sweden, so if you can find/buy a map on the internet or if there is some shop that specialize in this in L.A that would be great!