Dear Community members,
This is my first posting to the forum. I am really glad that I've found a website dedicated to the road trip planning, tips and preparation.
I live in Denver, CO (and I start from here) and am planning for a trip to Grand Canyon, AZ, Las Vegas, NV and Los Angeles, CA. I am having 4 and half days with me for this trip. Let me share what I have in mind and please help me if anybody has any suggestions.
This would be the first weekend of August.
1. Leaving Denver, CO on Thursday and driving for 6 hrs to take halt in UT.
2. Friday morning, leaving for GC. Prolly shud be a 5 hrs drive.
3. Question - what are the things that I can do in GC for say 6 hours? I have relatively older company with me. So shudn't be over adventurous :-). Do I use the North or the South loop?
4.Leave GC and drive to Las Vegas OR Los Angeles?. This is little confusing to me. Dont know where should I go first. I definitely have LA in my priority(lets assume I go to LA)..
5. Should I go for a guided tour? Are they any operators that anybody can recommend?
6. Would spend the Saturday there and probably the Sunday afternoon would drive to Las Vegas? Any good decent casino (not too expensive) that has a hotel to stay?
7. Leave on Monday morning to Denver, CO. This could be a loong drive and reach by night.
Other than the questions that I've asked - are there any tips, recommendations anybody has to my trip?
[If you never try, you will never know]