Hi guys. I've been reading a lot of the stuff popsted on the forum and there are some very useful tips on there.
My wife and I are going to be going to the USA for a 2 week (13.5 full days) road-trip in early September for our honeymoon. I have a rough plan of what we would like to do and was wondering what people thought of it. Any changes they would make? Are we trying to cram too much in? Would we be better off with a different start/end point? So here is the current rough plan.
- Fly to San Francisco. We arrive at around 2pm, so we could spend the night, or just head off to Yosemite immediately.
- Spend a day at Yosemite.
- Drive to Las Vegas via Death Valley.
- Spend a full day in Las Vegas. See a show. Suggestions anyone?
- Drive to Crand Canyon South Rim, spend the day there and drive to Page at the end of the day via Horse Shoe Bend. This may need to be done over 2 days, so suggestions of where to stay would be welcome.
- Check out Antelope Canyon. Do a flying day trip to Monument Valley from Page, then start driving towards the west coast. We will probably have to stay over somewhere on the way, so any suggestions welcome.
- Hit the coast somewhere north of LA, maybe around Big sur. Drive up towards San Francisco, stopping at Monteray, Hearst Castle, Santa Cruz, etc. Stay over one night somewhere on the coast.
- Spend a day in San Francisco before we fly out. If we can get there with 2 days to spare, we could then do a Napa valley day trip.
- Fly back to rainy England :)