Me and my girlfriend are hiring a motorhome for 80 days, 1st July to 18th September-ish!
And we have no clue!
Our route idea is:
1) Houston (pick-up) - Miami - Washington DC - Niagara Falls - Chicago - route 66 to Las Vegas - Sand Diego - LA - San Fran - Northern California
2) Houston (pick-up) - San Diego - LA - San Fran - Northern California - back down to Las Vegas - up route 66 to Chicago - Niagara Falls - Washington DC - Miami
Ummm several questions leap to mind!!!!
1) Which of the above would be better?
2) Is this amount of mileage totally crazy in 80 days!!!!! We expect to drive a hell of a lot but don't wanna be on the road 24-7 as we wanna relax in places for a few days sometimes.
3) Is starting in Houston a waste of time? Should we miss it out and start either in San Diego/LA or Miami?
4) Which way is best on route 66 Las Veg - Chicago or Chicago - Las Veg or does it not matter!
5) Is this going to be so much hastle we will break up?! :)
So do you think we should do this? or save our relationship and just lie on a beach!
Anything you think we should include please feel more than free to lecture me on.
Thanks very much,