I am trying to plan a surprise roadtrip for my husband 40th birthday. He has always wanted to go out west for a trip and I am thinking of going when the kids are on Spring Break from school in Virginia.
We have two boys 7&8 years old...both very active and like adventure.
We would arrive a Wed April 1 and would need to fly out on Thurs (17th).
Here are my questions?
1. Given the weather from April 1 to 15 are the following places doable?
- Fly in/out of Las Vegas
- Hit Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Sedona, Grand Canyon South Rim, 4 Corners/New Mexico, Moab, Canyonland National Park, Arches, & Bryce
2. Is this doable in 2 weeks
3. What route would you suggest? How many days/nights do I need in each place. What is the mileage like between each place
4. What excursion should I do at each place to give us a mix of experiences
5. Is there something I am missing on my list or something I should scrap?
6. Would you do the trip in a mini-van and stay in hotels? Or is booking an RV a better idea?