Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Therefore just to emphasis, the ESTA process itself is free
    Eris, that is the visa waiver program. It only allows for a stay up to 90 days.

Last time it cost me just under $200 for my visa, which I paid straight over the counter when I collected my (Australian) passport - with the (US) visa in it -at the consulate.

I am expecting that charge to have increased..... considerably?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifemagician View Post
    Only possible with fax or post. And I do not have access to a fax.
    I'm not trying to be cheeky - but if you are posting here, that tells me that you most likely have a computer. If your computer has a modem in it, and you have a telephone line, you can send a fax. All you need is fax software, and most versions of MS Windows either come with it, or it can be installed from your CD.

Can't you contact them via e-mail?

Hey, my computer man is coming on Friday, may ask if I can send a fax from here. I am totally clueless on that.

And no!! They neither give an email address, nor accept emails.

Well I am off tomorrow morning but cannot find my visa waiver confirmation number - do you think this will present any problems?? I am not sure if it ever emailed me or not - does anyone know if you receive confirmation and if so which email address it was sent from? If I wrote the number down at the time I can't find it now. Urgh! Help!

Default That does sound vexing

Craig,

I would give Peter a shout since he and Carole just went through this process and see what he knows.

Mark

I am hoping that I may have made a note of it on my little travel laptop as I recall I applied on there whilst away previously. Only problem is the battery is dead and I now have to go find a shop still open at this time of night which can sell me a new fuse so I can plug the damn charger in... :s Will update later!!

Default Visa Waiver Program

Hope this helps to points raised above.

Visa Waiver Program – it is easy to get confused but there are number of visa options in addition to the VWP. To avoid any confusion trying to keep my comments to the thread title. The VWP on ESTA online is for travellers who don’t need a visa.

Taken from message 18 (above) –
    FAQ link.

Q: What is the cost to the traveler?
    A: DHS is not currently collecting a fee for ESTA™ applications. If it is determined later that a fee will be charged, the fee would be implemented through the United States government’s rulemaking process.

Q: Do VWP travelers need to bring a paper printout of their ESTA™ approval to the airport?
    A: No. However, DHS recommends that travelers print out the ESTA™ application response in order to maintain a record of their ESTA™ application number and to have confirmation of their ESTA™ status.

Default Q: Do VWP travelers need to bring a paper printout of their ESTA™ approval to the air

Excellent intel to the request for information above -- Thanks for looking that up!

mark

Finally found it... phew! Couldn't believe that I wouldn't have noted the confirmation number down (you may not need it but seeing they strongly advise it on the website I would have been scared to travel without it!) but thankfully it was there on my other laptop when I finally got it to work! I have now packed and am ready to go... probably my last vacation in quite a while so I am gonna make the most of it!!

Just checked in for my flight as LGW and was surprised to be handed the regular old fashioned green form. "Yes, sir, you have to fill that out as well still..." Genius!