I'm going on a road trip from the Los Angeles area to Kansas City in MO during the last days of year. Also planning possible road trips from MO to NC and eventually to NYC. First time driving like this and my concern is the winter weather on the roads. My friend is saying it's too dangerous and should be avoided. Please advise!
My Q's are
LA - MO / MO - NC / NC - NYC:
1) Pick #1 #2 #3 with #1 being your top choice.
2) Are the road trips safe in winter respectively?
3) If so, which routes would you take?
4) In NC, where would you stay for a night?
5) Which rental car company would you recommend?
6) Any advice/tips welcome.