Hello folks, here's my first post to Roadtrip America...
I live in England and I am saving up for my first ever trip to the USA next year. I plan to be there for three weeks My planned trip so far is:-
- London to Chicago, where I will stay with my Cousin for 4 days
- Chicago to Denver (internal flight), where I will stay with a friend for 2 days
- Denver back to Chicago (return internal flight)
- At Chicago I want to pick up a rental car and take 7 to 10 days driving to New York
- Stay in New York for the remained of my 3 weeks then fly home to London
As I say it will be my first trip to the USA as well as my first time driving on the right-hand side of the road so it will be a steep learning curve... especially asI will be travelling on my own.
Anyhoo, first (of many I'm sure) question is, what kind of car to get? I drive a Convertible here and hope to rent a Convertible there too. I'd also like it to be "Stick Shift" rather than Automatic if possible.
So, does anyone know if any Rental companies offer Manual, Convertible cars for one-way hire? It might be a long shot, but worth asking.