My fiance and I are bored and burnt out from our work schedules so we decided to take a break from working and hit the road. We took my brother with us. This was our first road trip ever. We used my Honda Civic and drove from Juneau, Alaska to Orlando, Florida and back. We passed by Canada and went through the West Coast, crossed the bottom states and then Orlando. It was a fun filled and memorable six weeks of adventure.
Here's a list of the highlights of our adventure:
1. The Signpost Forest in Watson, Canada
2. Outlet Malls in Washington
3. Chinese Garden in Oregon
4. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge in California
5. Spent time in Las Vegas
6. Hoover Dam in Arizona
7. Grand Canyon
8. Drove through San Antonio, Texas
9. Drove through Louissiana, Missippi, Alabama
10. Spent 11 days going through Disneyworld and Universal Orlando (the best part of the trip)
11. Saw the Arc in Missouri
12. Drove all the way back to Oregon
13. Stop by Salem to visit a friend and almost had our car stolen
14. Drove back to Alaska
It was fun, a little bit cramped and expensive because we spent a lot of time staying at hotels. We realized on our way back that we could have saved more money if we had car days. We started having car days on the way back.
Sleeping in the car was not that bad.
It was an adventure and we all want to do it again.