I am currently in Seattle and work as a business analyst. I like this place but the weather really really gets on my nerves. So, I have this wonderful opportunity to relocate to San Diego.
I own a 2008 Toyota Yaris and plan to drive to SD with 2 suitcases, a toaster oven, a Brita water jug and a few other tid-bits. Oh, before I forget, I am also looking forward to some company on this road trip. So if any seattleite wants to join me for a one-way road trip, respond ASAP.
I plan to leave Seattle on/around 28th February. Am in no particular rush to get there but I feel I might as well get there quickly because most probably I will be driving alone. I have family in Santa Cruz and plan to stay with them for 1-2 days before moving further on.
My list of Q's:
1. Is it safe to drive alone all the way?
2. Best time of the day to leave Seattle so as to attempt to reach Santa Cruz same day/night.
3. ^^^If not possible^^^, where to stay along the way in Oregon/NoCal?
4. How much should I expect to pay for gasoline?
5. Any other suggestion/recommendation.
Thanks in advance for your inputs. Oh, BTW, I am 28 years old, Male, of Indian origin and am considered excellent company by most of my family/friends.