In May our group of four plan to travel by road from San Fran (four nights) to Yosemite (two nights), then to Death Valley (one night), to Zion (one night), then Bryce Canyon (one night), on to Monument Valley (one night), Grand Canyon (two nights) then staying in Vegas (four nights), and driving to LA (five nights).
Please can anybody tell me:
1) Does this sound like a realisitic route with the suggested timescales that have been allowed?
2) We would prefer to leave out Death Valley and Zion and focus on the rest. Any comments on this, and if so can anybody provide an alternateive route that excludes these stop overs?
3) We plan to hire a Chevrolet Trailblazer (as we are four people and luggage) is this appropriate for the driving conditions? Any reasonably priced suppliers?
4) Can anybody suggest good hotels/motels on this route that are reasonably priced?
5) We plan to do a helicopter journey in Grand Canyon - any suggestions on this tour or others at the Canyon or suggest reasonably priced suppliers?
6) Any suggestions for tours at either Yosemite or San Fran?