My boyfriend and I are planning a 4-6 week road trip across the US in Sept/Oct 2008. We'd welcome some suggestions on scenic byways we could travel on and other places to include on our trip.
Our tentative itinerary is as follows...
1. Drive quickly (as we've seen the NW before) from Seattle to Chicago (via Spokane, Montana, North Dakota, Minneapolis).
2. Drive somewhat slower through Pennsylvania while en route to Niagara Falls/Buffalo.
3. Meander up through New Hampshire & Vermont to Maine (Acadia National Park).
4. Visit Boston, New York, Washington, DC
5. Traverse the Blue Ridge Parkway
6. Great Smoky Mountains
7. Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi
8. Nashville (Mammoth Cave National Park)
9. Head on home... possibly stop at the Grand Canyon while en route to Seattle.