Me and hubby are headed on our first ever road trip next spring. We are flying from Toronto to San Francisco and then plan to drive throughout California. So far, our trip is looking like this:
- 3 nights in San Fran
- Drive to LA, stop somewhere along the way for one night
- San Diego
I would like advice/suggestions on:
- route from SF to LA and where to stop/stay along the way?
- how far is the drive from LA to San Diego?
- how many nights do you recommend in LA and SD?
- unique attractions and must-see destinations along those routes and/or in these cities
We are both 30 years old and are into:
- real city experiences -- not just the touristy stuff
- good food
- trendy/hip places
I really appreciate your advice! Thanks!