I'm putting together plans for a solo road trip up the West Coast later this month. After much consulting (with various relevant topic threads here, as well as many, many other websites), here is the schedule I have come up with. I'd appreciate feedback on its feasibility, especially on a couple of the driving portions - you'll soon see which. What seems unreasonable? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
- Irvine to Yreka, CA (677 miles)
- Yreka to Amboy, WA (361 miles), Mount St. Helens
- Amboy to Seattle (170 miles)
- Seattle to Vancouver (140 miles)
- Vancouver to Whistler and back (maybe)
- Vancouver to Seattle (140 miles)
- Seattle to Neah Bay (150 miles), Cape Flattery Trail
- Neah Bay to Seaside, OR (247 miles)
- Seaside to Crescent City (400 miles), Redwood National Park
- Cresent City to San Francisco (355 miles)
- San Francisco
- San Francisco - Irvine (400 miles)
One thing I'm considering is to break the drive from Crescent City to San Francisco into two days, then take that day out of San Francisco (which I've been to enough times). The big concern is really Day 2 and Day 9. So what do you think? Too much driving, not enough fun? Or have I stumbled onto something here? Again, I appreciate any feedback.