Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Default Sellin a car from washington state in montana

    Hi There,

    We are leaving for the Peace Corps and decided to take a month and a half and road trip around the states. We are now at the end in Montana and are selling our car. I was wondering if anyone knew what we are supposed to do with plates, leave em with the buyer? Turn them back into WA?

    Thanks, Mark

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Tucson, AZ

    Default Check with the Experts

    Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forums.

    Without knowing the specifics of either Washington or Montana law, I would make sure in any event that I made the legal transfer of title at a Montana Motor Vehicle Department office. You can be sure that someone there will know the ropes and that there will be a notary. The main thing to be sure of is that the plates are no longer in your name.

    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 08-10-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Better Link Provided

Similar Threads

  1. ohio to washington state and back
    By gilbo in forum Planning Summer RoadTrips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 10:37 PM
  2. NW Washington State
    By sunfish in forum Planning Summer RoadTrips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 01:19 PM
  3. Michigan to Washington State, then Ptown
    By in forum Planning Summer RoadTrips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 04:44 PM
  4. Charleston, WV to Washington State in 6 days
    By imported_Nick in forum Planning Summer RoadTrips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 08:08 PM
  5. Washington State to New Jersey
    By imported_Andy in forum Gear-Up!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2002, 07:49 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts